This article describes step-by-step how you create your own SNMP agent (based on SNMP4J-Agent) with the AGENT++ SNMP tools MIB Designer, AgenPro, and MIB Explorer.
The top level steps to perform are
- Simulate the MIB in AgenPro.
- Verify the MIB usability with MIB Explorer.
- Integrate the generated code into the main program.
- Implement instrumentation code for the generated code using the SNMP4J-Agent API.
- Provide initial security configuration for the agent.
- Run and test the agent.
This page is currently under construction and might be incomplete.